Monday 18 September 2017 – Monday 9 October 2017
09:30 – 10:30
Thames Magistrates’ Court
58 Bow Rd
Stop the Arms Fair has had huge success this September, with hundreds of people taking action to block the set up to the DSEI arms fair. Over 100 people were arrested during the week of action, and we need your help to support them as they face charges.
Court Solidarity Demonstrations
Join us outside Thames Magistrates Court in Bow (nearest stations Bow Road and Mile End) to support the defendants at their plea hearings at the following times:
- Monday 18th September, 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm
- Tuesday 19th September 9 am – 10.30 am
- Wednesday 20th September 9 am – 10.30 am
- Thursday 21st September 9 am – 10.30 am
- Friday 22nd September 9 am – 10.30 am
- Monday 25th September 9 am – 10.30 am
- Monday 2nd October 9 am – 10.30 am
- Friday 6th October 9 am – 10.30 am
- Monday 9th October 9 am – 10.30 am
DID YOU WITNESS AN ARREST OR POLICE VIOLENCE AT THE STOP THE ARMS FAIR PROTESTS?
The sooner you can send in an account and any photos/video of arrests to Green and Black Cross (GBC), the better. Key information to include for a witness statement is:
- When, where, who
- What else was happening on site? E.g. was the road closed by police, were other people/actions blocking the road?
- Any photos or videos of arrests or immediately before/after
You can find a witness statement template and some advice on drafting statements on the GBC website here. Please send all materials to email@example.com. It makes a huge difference to people fighting charges, so please get in touch with GBC and help if you can.